Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Our very first military ball...




Could you believe that this was our first military ball???
My husband has either been in training or deployed for all of them,
so finally at almost 7 years in...
we went!

We celebrated the 114th birthday of the Navy Hospital Corpsman.



In the 4 years that we have had our children, I can count on 1 hand the times we have had a night out!
But we still left early to get home to our babies.
I always plan on trusting those who watch them and letting go a little...
but it never fails I am always itching to get back home.














The night was full of amazing speeches, one by Master Chief Prince. He was witty and sarcastic and reminded me of my husband...
I wanted a photo with him so bad but I didn't ask.

Scott was part of a tribute honoring fallen corpsman.
I have never seen my husband be so vulnerable and honestly it was a little difficult to watch him simulate what its like to work on a wounded marine. The basis of the dramatic simulation was that a corpsman doesn't let go or give up on a wounded marine.
I watched my husband do exactly what I know he has done and would always do...
lay down his life.
I am in awe of all the men and women who sign up for this.




















Through all the fancy ball gowns, makeup and champagne...
I am just grateful to be a part of this.

I feel so blessed to be married to a man who not only took an oath but who lives out that very oath in his everyday life.

And I am just in awe of all the men and women above us who have so many stories to share and so much wisdom, I can only hope that we would be so graceful one day.

So heres to the United States Navy
and
The Hopsital Corpsman!

We had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

whats on your heart?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...