Monday, July 2, 2012

Our journey in the military so far...



My husband and I are pretty quiet about this part of our lives...



We are both grateful for the opportunity to serve our country...the good and the bad.



But there comes a time in ones life when you must look back to where you came from.


My husband has been gone 33 months of the 6 years we have been in.





Bootcamp, A school, Fleet Marine Force, 2 deployments to Iraq, 1 deployment to Afghanistan, countless training, 5 duty stations, 2 babies and 3 surgeries later...



I wouldnt trade any of it.




There is no doubt in my mind that I was created to be a military wife.

And there is no doubt in my mind that I was created to be my husbands wife.



The lessons I have learned while living in faith and learning patience through deployments is priceless.
The ability to stay calm while my husband is in a war is a gift and I carry that with me through hard moments now.
 A gift I would never had the opportunity to have been given if this weren't my life.



But the greatest thing I have learned through this part of our life...




Is that God is only love.

We just dont always see the challenges and trials in our lives as love.

But when you are given comfort when you are scared...
thats love.

When you are deliverd from your worst fears...
thats love.

When you are given opportunites to bring peace to the world...
thats love. 



I will forever keep these moments of our story, in the deepest part of my heart.
I never want to forget how we have overcome 3 times to war and a birth apart.
 I never want to forget how God took a fragile and lost girl and turned her into a precious testimony for his love.
What a priveledge is has been to move along in this journey.
What precious gifts I have received.


....the moment when your daughter sees her daddy for the first time in 8 months






...the moment you realize you are about to give birth while your husband is on a scratchy phone in Afghanistan.








...the joy in your husbands voice when he hears his new baby girl



..gettting to surprise your husband with the sex of your new blessing.


...being able to teach your children the importance of finding the good in every situation.

I am so proud of my husband for giving his life away along with
 all the other men and women we serve along side of.
 I am so grateful to be a part of this community.








It's important for us to be able to make record of these moments so that we can look back on them when we are faced with trials again. Its important for me to be able to look back on the deep holes God has pulled us out of.
The long periods of time my husband and I were out of contact...
The strength I have clutched onto in my most lonely and scared moments...
I want to always remember how I would lay on the floor, barely able to breathe, praying for my husband's safety.
And how he came home.

I want to always remember that
I can do hard things.

I want my life to be a reminder that if you want to be first...
you have to be last.

If you want to be strong...
You must first be brave.

If you want to win...
You must be in the race.




Happy 4th!









1 comment:

  1. wow. i can't imagine what you've gone through. what a beautiful testimony of God's love and faithfulness. i'm truly grateful for the sacrifice you both have made for our freedom. happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete

whats on your heart?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...