Monday, December 19, 2011

still here.

I read something today.

"You're not a failure until you stop trying. If you have no other testimony you have this one: I'm still here."

Sometimes things just get so out of hand. But things are never out of Gods hand. In fact that is what He has been whispering to me all day. Even when we make mistakes, even when we do the opposite of what we are told. Even when we knowingly take a right when we are supposed to go left.

Today reminded me of a scripture I wrote about the other day, in Romans.

As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." Romans 8:36

To me, this just means no matter what we face, even if its our fault, we can still go to God and be forgiven.Not just today but tomorrow too. Not just one mistake, but all of them. His love reminds me of a waterfall somewhere. It just seems to never end. You cant even begin to understand how it could end. I guess for me, the most comforting thing about knowing God is that nothing is too big for Him, or too bad for Him to forgive or too much of a mess for Him to fix.

Just know that He is a God of hope. A God of restoration. A God of peace. And even if you don't feel these things in your life right now, they are yours. And you can find them in His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

whats on your heart?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...