Thursday, February 16, 2012

Put on your armor!

Have you ever had one of those days when all you do is cry? It starts out with one thing someone says or does and then BAM! Things just spiral out of control and you cant seem to catch your breath or understand how any of it started to begin with? Or you wake up and your just in a funk. Your routine is off and you feel off. Or maybe you missed your time with God.

Today was a day like that.


The most important part of today for me was to remember to put on my armor.


Ephesians 6:10-18

New International Version (NIV)
The Armor of God
  Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
  And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.


In my life, my struggle lies in my thought life. And if I don't keep myself armed with Gods promises I just fall. Satan works in some great ways when it comes to thoughts. He will plant them and watch them grow if we don't catch them. He will attack your mind regarding your spouse, your children, your health, your intentions...he will keep his schemes going until you are so broken and tired that you cant fight anymore. Because I did not grow up understanding this, I didn't know how to fight. But it took until about 2 years ago for me to understand how to fight him. I have too many friends in my life who struggle with their thought life too. And maybe you are too. And if you do, I invite you to examine the way you feel about yourself and then read what God says about you. If you have a struggling marriage, just know that God is a God of RESTORATION. If you are sick, just know that God is a God of HEALING. And if you are broke today, just know He has something planned for you that you couldn't have even imagined. In every single area of your life God wants to take over, reach into your heart and rescue you from whatever hold Satan has on you. He wants to take over. And just know that in this fight, the battle I speak of has already been won. It started at the cross. Jesus paid your way so that you would be free from whatever is going on in your life. Look to the cross today when you are in battle and speak Gods Words in your life. His promises. They have so much power Satan wont have any choice but to leave.

Who I Am In Christ

I am accepted:

John 1:12 I am God's child.
John 15:15 I am Jesus’ chosen friend.
Romans 5:1 I have been made holy and accepted by God (justified).
1 Corinthians 6:17 I am united with the Lord and one with Him in spirit.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 I have been bought with a price and I belong to God.
1 Corinthians 12:27 I am a member of Christ's body, part of His family.
Ephesians 1:1 I am a saint, a holy one.
Ephesians 1:5 I have been adopted as God’s child.
Ephesians 2:18 I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit.
Colossians 1:13-14 I have been bought back (redeemed) and forgiven of all my sins.
Colossians 2:10 I am complete in Christ.

I am secure:

Romans 8:1-2 I am free forever from punishment (condemnation).
Romans 8:28 I am assured that all things work together for my good.
Romans 8:31 I am free from any condemning charges against me.
Romans 8:35 I cannot be separated from the love of God.
2 Corinthians 1:21-22 I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God.
Colossians 3:3 I am hidden with Christ in God.
Philippians 1:6 I am sure the good work God has started in me will be finished.
Philippians 3:20 I am a citizen of heaven.
2 Timothy 1:7 I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind.
Hebrews 4:16 I can find grace and mercy in time of need.
1 John 5:18 I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me.

I am significant:

Matthew 5:13-14 I am salt and light for everyone around me.
John 15:1-5 I am a part of the true vine, joined to Christ and able to produce much fruit.
John 15:16 I have been hand picked by Jesus to bear fruit.
Acts 1:8 I am a personal witness of Christ’s.
1 Corinthians 3:16 I am God's temple where the Holy Spirit lives.
2 Corinthians 5:17-21 I am at peace with God, and He has given me the work of making peace between Himself and other people. I am a minister of reconciliation.
2 Corinthians 6:1 I am God’s co-worker.
Ephesians 2:6 I am seated with Christ in the heavenly places.
Ephesians 2:10 I am God's workmanship.
Ephesians 3:12 I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

whats on your heart?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...